Friday, September 24, 2010

Running

After so much food last night, it seemed time to try a run again today. Oh, man. Not only is Oaxaca about a mile above sea level - which makes running tough anyway - but the best running route we have is to go immediately uphill from our apartment to the Escaleras del Fortin, then onward into the park that winds around the top of Cerro del Fortin. So that means, about a half mile of steep uphill, 206 steps up the side of a mini-mountain (I counted on the way down, because it was too hard to think on the way up), then an even steeper uphill climb once you get to the top. So today, there were quite a few breaks along the way. Maybe, before we leave, we'll make it the whole way without stopping. Maybe not...

Also, I noticed today that I'm developing a pretty decent farmer tan. Dress here is so much more conservative than I expected, so there haven't been any opportunities to soak up some full-body rays. By the time we make it to the beach, I should have a really stunning two-toned look going for me. As if I don't already stand out!

No comments: