Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Soriana

Today was a lovely day of relaxing and reading. We enjoyed our front patio for a large part of the afternoon.

I was a little busier in the late morning with some errands. I was on a hunt for pipe cleaners or twisty ties for a project I want to try out at the preschool where I am volunteering. (More on that in a different post.) What better place to look than at the supermarket/Mexican WalMart that is conveniently located right down the street? I ended up having to buy two boxes of trash bags to get enough twisties, but the search was half the fun. They have everything at this place, just like those mega-stores in the US. The store is called Soriana and, like similar stores, they have their own brand of products. Interestingly the items they sell are labeled in both Spanish and English.

Yes, I did bring my camera to Soriana to take a picture of random aisles of stuff. I didn't want anyone thinking that markets were the only places where people bought stuff in Oaxaca.

No comments: