Friday, October 8, 2010

A Guest Post from Manoj

First off, thanks to Erica and Foster for letting me guestwrite a post. I told Erica that I wouldn't consider this trip a success unless I made it onto the blog. I'm not sure that writing myself onto it counts, but I'll take it.

Yesterday we took the bus to Mitla and saw the Zapotec ruins. They're quite old, and ruinous. I bought an adorable wooden turtle.


After Mitla we wandered about Oaxaca and ate lots of street food. The doughnut holes here are delicious. As is the corn, quesadillas, empanadas, and mole.


Today we went to the main labyrinthine market in Oaxaca. We mostly bought food for the dinner that Erica and Foster are hosting tonight. I bought lots of flowers since they were pretty.


We also ate some empanadas.



A non sequitur: The "it's safe to walk" man they show on the pedestrian signal is animated. The closer it gets to turning red, the faster the little man goes. Towards the end he's doing a full sprint.

Oaxaca is known for it's mezcal. Mezcal is es una bebida alcohólica originaria de los estados de Oaxaca y Guerrero (México), elaborada a partir de la destilación del zumo fermentado de varias especies de agave. I quite like it. Since it's a cousin of tequila, Tony does not.


Time to start getting ready for dinner! More later......

No comments: