Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And then there were 5 (almost)

A bit of a blog reboot here....

I look like this. Or I did a few weeks ago when this picture was taken. No worries, the baby is still safely inside and I probably look even larger and in-charger.


Also, we now have two cats! The all black one is Clint (named for Clint Dempsey, a US mens soccer player) and the colorful kitty is Hope (named for Hope Solo, the US womens soccer goalie). Though many things have changed in the last months we remain big nerdy soccer fans.


Our baby is due in a few weeks! We're excited and nervous, but mostly excited. We thought adventures in parenting may rival our travels last year, hence the blog reboot.

But just so you don't think we haven't been doing anything the last few months here are some highlights, in no particular order: Rory started work as an attorney; we attended Marshmallow Fluff Festival and I tasted my first fluffer nutter; I started work as a 1/4 time librarian at the school I used to teach at; we traveled to Madison, WI, Austin, TX, and Charleston, SC to see our lovely families; we hosted visitors from Philadelphia, Peru, and NYC; bought, and taught my mom to play, Settlers of Katan; we attended an Atmosphere concert, took in the Chihuly exhibit at the MFA, and saw 2 shows with our friend Fitzy; I perfected a buttermilk waffle recipe; we moved next door; I started some graduate classes toward my certificate in Parenting Education at Wheelock college; we crafted curtains for our baby and a new cover for our crazy-long pillow, affectionately known as the "snake;" we enjoyed sunny days and warm evenings on our porch; we started up indoor rock climbing again; and most recently Rory scored an AWESOME goal for the first win of the season on our coed team.

I'm sure there's more not just because we are incredibly interesting people, but also because I'm incredibly absent-minded what with being mega pregnant and all.

2 comments:

April said...

YAY for a blog reboot! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

mom-ster said...

So glad to see this back up! Will pass the word to those around here! Can't believe you've never had a fluffer-nutter. Dave slipped up on that! So excited to be visiting soon! HUGS!